Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New ideas for Seli's Ponyo party

So it's been a while since my last post, I have had a totally new idea for the jellyfish cupcakes from the previous post. Since I ordered extra invitations (more like a lot) ;) I cut out the Ponyo image on the extra ones handcut starburst pattern. These will be hot glued onto the top of the "jellyfish" container. Yay Ponyo on top of the jellyfish. Pics to come as right now my supplies are outside due to remodeling. -_- Yea I know..I miss my supplies. For food, I was stumped until my sisterin law said how about a ham? (Duh! Why didn't I think of that?!) Like a thanksgiving ham & macaroni & mashed potatoes. Yum! Thats kid friendly right? Everyone likes ham. And it fits the Ponyo theme! Ponyo wants ham! :D Yay. Well thats settled. And today my Selena has decided she wants a big cupcake cake. I had bought the Wilton giant cupcake pan earlier this year for my other daughters' party so I am sure glad I bought it. I plan on making the 'banilla' (her words) ;) cupcake and ice it blue to make it look like waves then add the Ponyo figurines and her #4. :) My mother in law is a great seamstress so she kindly agreed to make Selena her Ponyo dress for her big day (which will double for halloween costume as well) Yay! :) I just need to buy the white fabric for the bloomers. To make the bloomers look extra fluffy without it weighing her down, I'm simply going to add pillow fiber for the full effect. Debating on wether to spray her hair orange with washable hair paint or not. She has beautiful hair and I'd hate to ruin it. :/ Undecided on that.
Anyway, the only things really left on my list are the food and drinks which I will buy that week of the party. Oh and candy. Yup. I am so excited and can't wait to post more pics. I do this from my mobile phone ao its not exactly as fancy as other blogs but I hope to have hubby buy me a laptop soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment